Ukraine is the largest country in Europe (after European part of Russia). It is a country with more than a thousand years of history and traditions that originate in antiquity. Ukraine is member to numerous world and regional international bodies, including United Nations (UN), OSCE, the Council of Europe, EU Energy Community, the GUAM and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS). The country is currently taking steps to accede to EU and NATO, and has special partnership with both organisations. Ukraine obtained a market economy status from both the USA and the EU. It has also joined the World Trade Organisation (WTO). Foreign direct investment (FDI) has continued to flow in, although in a relatively low volume. But in a very few years after its declaration as Independent Nation has developed a lot.
List of Affiliate Member University of Medquestt in Ukraine:
- Donetsk National Medical University, Donetsk, Donetsk Region
- Zaporozhye State Medical University, Zaporizhia
- Kharkiv National Medical University, Kharkiv
- O. O. Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University, Dnipropetrovsk
- Bukovinian State Medical University, Chernivets'ka
- Odessa National Medical University, Odessa
- Ternopil State Medical University, Ternopil
- Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University, Ivano-Frankivsk
- Vinnitsa National Medical University, Vinnyts'ka
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University, Lviv
- Uzhogorod National Medical University, Zakarpats'ka
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv
Official language: Ukrainian
Independence: August, 24, 1991
Location: Central-Eastern Europe, part of the East-European plain, between 44”20′ and 52”20′ N and 22”5′ and 41”15’E.
Area: 603 700 km2
Climate: moderately continental, except for Southern Crimea, where the climate is subtropical, of the Mediterranean type. The Carpathian climate is also mild, with warm winter and rainy summer. Average winter temperatureis from -8° to -12° C (from +17.6° F to +3° F). In the Southern regions average winter temperature is 0° C (+32° F). Average summer temperatureis from +18° to +25° C (from +64.4° F to +77° F), although maximum temperature can be more than +35° C (+95° F).
Best time to visit Ukraine: summer, late spring and early autumn.
Population: 47 732 079 (25th in the world, population density – 80 p/km2)
Currency: hryvnia (letter code UAH, digital code 980)
Time zone: GMT+2 (UTC+2)
Internet top-level domain: ua
International phone code: 380